The following terms and conditions apply to all web site design services offered by Davies Internet. By ordering services from Davies Internet you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to refuse to construct a web site which we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited by, sites containing adult oriented material such as pornography, sites which promote hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion or sexual orientation and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to UK laws.
- The acceptance of a commission shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Davies Internet.
- Davies Internet cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a commission but will arrange a date with the client as to when work can commence.
- All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client’s web site, will remain the client’s property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
- The copyright for all material provided by Davies Internet, such as HTML code, graphics, photographs and text, will remain the property of Davies Internet until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
- Davies Internet makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
- Davies Internet will undertake basic search engine optimisation as part of the design commission. If a client wishes Davies Internet to promote a web site as a separate commission, Davies Internet will make every reasonable effort to promote the website effectively but cannot guarantee high placings in search engine results.
- Davies Internet can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site, submitted to as part of a web site promotion commission, chooses not to list a client’s web site.
- Davies Internet will initially place the client’s website on a test site during development in order that the client may view and comment upon the website’s progress. When both Davies Internet and the client agree that the website meets the criteria agreed during the commissioning process, Davies Internet will invoice the client for the full amount due for the commission. On receipt of payment, Davies Internet will publish the website on the client’s server, or provide the source code for the site via a download (or cd-rom disk) for the client to upload.
- If at any point during the Website Development Cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Davies Internet judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission.
- If, during the Website Development Cycle, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time, Davies Internet will consider that the client wishes to cancel the commission.
- Davies Internet expects payment by cheque, credit card or cash within 14 days of the date on the invoice.
- Davies Internet does not undertake to maintain or update a client’s website as part of the design commission. If a client wishes Davies Internet to maintain or update a web site as a separate commission, Davies Internet will negotiate with the client a maintenance contract appropriate to the amount of work required. Web site maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes.
- Davies Internet reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has commissioned any services from Davies Internet prior to a change in prices, that commission will not be subject to any increase, but any subsequent commission may be subject to an increase.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected. Davies Internet reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms and Conditions.
Thanks to Forest Software for permission to adapt their terms and conditions. Read more: www.forestsoftware.co.uk